For the past while Desktop PC’s have come in all shapes and sizes, but taking a first glance at the latest HP Pavilion Wave, you would be forgiven if PC wasn’t first thought. The new design approach from HP features a triangular form with separate chambers for each of the main areas and an overall design that simply doesn’t scream PC, but more elegance.
Inside we have three main zones which cater for the Motherboard, Hard Drive and then finally thermals. The entire design stems around the top speaker (which also acts as a hot air vent) which includes a parabolic reflector for 360-degree sound with the tuning being done Bang & Olufsen. The design finishes with an acoustic fabric that allows the unit to blend in more nicely with your living space.
The new desktop will arrive near the end of this month and starts at $550. Below are the main specs of the unit with support for Intel 6th generation processors, up to 16GB of RAM, HDD or SSD options (2TB HDD/1TB SSD). Connectivity includes three USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 Type C, HDMI, DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and microphone/headphone slot.
- Cortana support with two dual microphones for customers to talk to their PC for a hands-free experience
- Up to two 4K displays are supported out-of-the-box to power entertainment and productivity
- Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack
- High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 quad-core desktop processors, ample storage up to 1 TB HDD or a 2 TB HDD, an optional 128 GB SSD and up to 8GB of DDR4 system memory
- Optional AMD Radeon™ R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming
- 6.81” (17.29cm) x 6.62” (16.81cm) x 10.29” (26.13cm).